History of the Association
Connecticut state statutes include “An Act Incorporating the Giants Neck Heights Association,” approved on June 30, 1953. On June 19, 1963, CT Bill 4359, entitled “An Act Amending An Act Incorporating the Giants Neck Heights Association” was approved. With the passage of these acts our Association became a Connecticut municipality and a public agency per Connecticut Statute 1-200(1).
The office of the Connecticut Secretary of State lists the Giants Neck Heights Association (GNHA) in their list of towns, boroughs, and villages in Connecticut “without post offices of the same name as the given municipality.” The State of Connecticut Accounting Manual list of town codes also includes the Giants Neck Heights Association municipality.
Today more than 400 members of GNHA and their families enjoy a beautiful beach located at the southeastern end of the Rocky Neck Beach. Our beach is maintained by GNHA members and features a jetty that is popular with local crabbers and amateur photographers.
Deeds for property within the Giants Neck Heights municipality can be found at the East Lyme Town Hall.
The Board of Governors is tasked with managing the properties and budget of the Association. Annual meetings where the membership votes on the budget are held in May each year.
House Bill 1808 includes the Charter for the Association. This charter was amended in 1957 and 1963.